Monday, March 28, 2011

1 month

I can't believe it has been 1 month! it has gone by sooo fast and yet I can't remember what life was like before he came! My friend Lisa said it best when she saw him for the first time she said, "he fits in so perfectly, its like he has always been here" With Brinley I managed to take a month picture every month I am hoping to do this with Aiden as well. his will have the same backdrop (the quilt I made) so we can see how much he grows/changes

Here is his 1 month picture:


He was sort of fussy...but still REALLY cute! (Yes-I did get his name appliqued on the quilt, but decided to leave the poka-dots off)


I only have 2 more weeks of maternity leave left...sniff


so Brad gave Aiden his first bottle last night-so he will take it for the babysitter. He took it without any complaint. Now please don't get me wrong... I am grateful for his willingness and in 2 weeks it will be one less thing to worry about...but I was a little sad...he could have protested a little...if only for my benefit ;)


Now normally I can pump for bottles like no ones business! (sorry if this is tmi)


but I am having a bit of trouble


and that trouble is... Brinley


she is FACINATED by the breastpump


it is unnerving to have my five year old STARE at me while I am using it


I have tried to hide


I have tried to occupy her with something else


But I swear she hears that machine turn on and she hunts me down


to stare


with my boobs at her eye level


she even rested her head in her hand and just wanted to watch


until I kicked her out of the room


and so she cried


and that is almost as unnerving as the staring


almost

1 comment:

Craig and Monica said...

He is SO cute, Michelle! I can't believe he's already a month old. Maybe you could wear your "uddercover" while you pump. It's definitely weird when you're older kids STARE. And I LOVE Aiden's quilt! I am SO impressed at your sewing abilities!