Monday, March 14, 2011

To Remind Me When You Are Grown

2 weeks
It has gone by so fast
you have already changed so much
(why do babies have to grow so fast is every mother's woe)
I never want to forget...


*how tightly you liked to be wrapped up. Gagam and I called you a baby buritto
(now you prefer to have your arms free)

*your chin quiver

*how you fold up your legs so tight, so they almost dissappear into your bottom half

* the peach fuzz on your perfect ears...and cheeks...and back...

*all your grunts, snorts, squeaks, and snuffling. And how you work up to a full cry, with a bunch of squawks.

*the hiccups you get 4 or 5 times a day

*how cute you looked in your froggie outfit.

(funny thing is, we almost exchanged this for a bigger size. We thought there was no way our baby would fit in anything so small. Luckily, we never got around to it...you only fit in 5 or 6 things those first two weeks. Your homecoming outfit was so big, that when I got you dressed and picked you up to put in the carseat that your pants slipped right off and fell on the floor! it was a 0-3 month size)

*how the first or second night home, you went through ALL 5 or 6 of those outfits...darn blowouts!

*how your sisters love to hold you...fight over who gets to hold you..and stare at you like you are the most amazing thing EVER!


*how you had a MASSIVE spit-up...on emily...on her 12th birthday


*how you get really fussy SECONDS before you fall asleep


*how much you dislike being on your tummy

*how you cry during sponge baths and whenever we put lotion on you

*how aunt stephanie is a baby hog and won't let any one else hold you

*that new baby smell...
even when I smell like spit up and dried breastmilk...you somehow manage to smell wonderfully delicious.


*how your hair gets messy and sticks up


*your squishy cheeks-that I can't stop kissing and nibbling


*how you go cross-eyed when I or emily take one too many pictures



*how you gag when ever I try to give you a binky
(you will take it from anyone else)


*worrying that you will never learn take a nap, unless someone is holding you. But not having the desire to actually put you down.


*how deep you sleep in your bassinett. I check to make sure you are breathing at least twice every night... since you wake up about every 2 hours to nurse...I am not sleeping much...


*how much we will all miss gagam. she stayed for 2 weeks and took care of everything else...so you and I could exist in our own little world...she made us take naps...fed us all...cleaned up after us...EVERYTHING...what will we do without her

*how your favorite position to be held is your head under my chin


*by two weeks you could focus on faces for a few seconds


*on Sunday, you smiled at me...it was a perfect moment...full of contentment...no one will ever convince me it was just gas.


I believe there is a moment when a mother and her babys spirit recognize each other from a previous existence. Sometimes it happens when they first meet in this world, other times a bit later. It happens for just a moment, as if it say, I knew you and loved you before the world was...and I will love you forever.

2 comments:

wackijacki said...

Thanks for Making me Cry like a baby!!!!! Love you ALL! xoxoxoxo

The Wilcox Family said...

Oh, so sweet:) I am so happy for you!