Monday, August 17, 2009

End of Summer

Well...it's official. Summer Vacay is over and I am back at work.
Good bye to:
SLEEPING IN
LAW AND ORDER SVU MARATHONS (and getting nothing done)
THE GIRLS IN THE POOL
LATE NIGHTS
EATING LUNCH WITH EM AND BRIN
SCRAPBOOKING OR SEWING WHENEVER I FEEL LIKE IT
A CLEAN HOUSE (ok-its not much better during summer)
READING A BOOK FOR PLEASURE
LETTING EMILY SNEAK IN MORE TV TIME DURING THE DAY (don't tell Brad)
MARIO PARTY WITH BRIN(maybe I won't miss that one!)

As much as I complain about going back,(and I will admit it, I complain, A LOT.)
There is something nice about the first of the school year...new supplies, new goals, new people, new ideas...
I complain, but once I walk into my classroom I am full of anticipation for the year. Lets face it -since I have to work, there is nothing else I would rather do. I love my job. I love that I get to teach kids. I love to see them excited about learning. I love to show them that there is more to food than cheetoes and dr. pepper. When a 16 year old makes his first yeast bread and tells me he wants to be a chef, I feel his excitement and share his joy that all the world has to offer. and I think what a miracle it is that a recipe can open his eyes to that.

So good bye summer...

But welcome back to school!
(i'll just tivo law and order!)

No comments: