Friday, October 15, 2010

snips and snails...puppy dog tails..


Is this grainy picture not the most beautiful thing you have ever seen!?
Tomorrow I will be 20 weeks!
We are half way there...baby!
For WEEKS now we have been wondering what sort of bean I am carrying.
Is it a girl or a boy?
EVERYONE was guessing boy.
Friends, Emily, students at school,
I was starting to feel a lot of pressure.
On Tuesday, the girls and I had dentist appointments. The hygienists, receptionist and dentist all bet it was a boy.
For the first time in my life, I completely understood how Henry VIII felt...
it's a lot of pressure to produce a male heir...
and I don't even rule a kingdom...
let alone contribute that darn Y chromosome!

We would have been fine either way...
I worried that everyone else would be bummed for us.
and their bummed reaction would make me sad.
(its the oldest child in me...I need to make everyone happy)
Today we had our ultra-sound.
Let me ask, if we can put a man on the moon, bomb countries by satellite, and have cell phones that get access to anything on the Internet...
why haven't we invented an ultra-sound machine that works with an empty bladder!

In other words, they made my drink 5 to 8 cups of water and then expected me to hold it.
and naturally they were behind!
My bladder is only the size of a walnut!
I couldn't even stand up straight for fear I would leak. Honestly, I walked around the hospital sort of bent over!
then my funny boy husband tried to make a joke...I had to squeeze (so as not to pee) while smacking him.
Do not tell me about kegels....I will smack you!

So the tech took four or five pictures and let me pee before we continued...
I loved her.

She took lots of measurements...
and found a "something".

We cried.

A couple minutes later, I asked, " what percentage do you think its a boy"
she said, "97%, but we will look again"
Later, she went to look...
and the umbilical cord was in the way...
AND SHE STARTED TO DOUBT!
So after A LOT of jiggling, bouncing and turning...
she found it!


Now,
someone needs to tell me how to change a baby boys diaper!

(and Erin, please explain to Austin that it is a boy...but not the seven year old playmate he has been dreaming of! No way am I delivering that!!!)

No comments: