Tuesday, November 2, 2010

sick days

Sick days....oh how I miss thee
I will be the first to admit it,
in the past i have been somewhat reckless in using my sick days.
Brad and I joking called them, "mental health days".
I would claim that me or one of the kids was sick and take the day off of work.
I would clean or craft or watch Law and Order:SVU marathons

Sometimes I took so many "mental health days" that if my kids (or I) did actually get sick
i would panic that I had any leave left.

But this year, I have to save all my sick days for maternity leave.
Which means I have not taken one, not one "mental health day"
and it's second quarter!

Some mornings, the alarm goes off
and I want to call in sick
oh yeah-need those days for maternity leave.

Some nights, I wonder...Is Brinley getting sick?
oh yeah-she can't...I need to save for maternity leave

My 1st class will be obnoxious
and I want to leave
oh yeah-need the day for maternity leave.

Tomorrow, my two friends from my department are going to a sewing conference in Park City.
We get to stay overnight.
the principal paid for it
(it did not occur to him that two of us do not teach sewing...my BRILLIANT department head said things like, "we collaborate with other teachers, it gives a chance to network, etc"...and he paid for it)
I get to sew and listen to one of my favorite crafty bloggers talk

I am hoping this conference will rejuvenate me,
just like a good old "Mental Health Day"!

No comments: