Saturday, February 6, 2010

Valentines

Emily recieved her class list so she could FINALLY do the valentines we bought almost a month ago. Keep in mind it's Friday afternoon...Friday after a very LONG week at work...the last thing I want to do is write names on Valentines. But Emily does NOT like to procrastinate ANYTHING! Her teacher passed out the list, in her 10 year old mind, it has to be done NOW! (Never mind the fact that the Valentines school party is not until Thursday)

Yes she is 10 and perfectly capable of doing Valentines herself....my involvement comes from the fact that if Em gets to do her cards then Brinley HAS to do her card as well.

So we spread out our Valentines cards and candy and started. Brinley chose a very cute Princess and the Frog set...Emily chose the not very cute Wizards of Waverly Place (you may not know this about me, but Selena Gomez bugs the crap out of me) But they are the ones Em wanted...I only care about her happiness...never mind the fact that the darn valentine kit came with a poster and Em teased me she was hanging it on the outside of her door so I could see Selena's stuck-up expression EVERYTIME I WALK DOWN THE HALL! but like I said, I only care about her happiness.








Taping suckers on Valentines got to be a little too much temptation for Emily to handle, so she asked if she could have one. I said, yes and she began slurping away. I thought it was weird that Brin didn't immediately follow suit. So after a few minutes I was worried we were going to run out of suckers and Brinley wouldn't get one; I asked Brin if she got a sucker she looked at me and reached behind her and said, I GOT THREE! The stinker had made sure she had some for later!

1 comment:

Erin Curtis said...

Your girls KILL me! I am so greatful to have super neighbors like you guys! You have great patience to put up with us and bless us with your wonderful girls in return! :)