Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What's for Dinner?

One of my new years resolution (besides being a better blogger) is to try a new recipe every week. Here's the thing...I love recipes, I collect cookbooks, I love Food Network so much that one of Brinley's favorite shows is Everyday Italian (with Giada), I spend LOTS of time on several "foodie" websites and print reams of recipes...I can't help it. I read cookbooks like a novel. It facinates me, it calms me, and it motivates me. Guess it's no wonder I teach Foods! And since I teach Foods, people link me to "foodie" sites, email recipes and it seems to never end. In fact we had to buy a book case that would "hide" all my cookbooks because they were taking over the pantry and I was running out of room for actual food. Don't believe me...Here's the proof:



Bookshelf #1 Bookshelf #2 what's left in the pantry

I have a problem and am looking for a support group. Cookbooks Anonymous: "Hello my name is Michelle and I love recipes"

Over Christams Break I was trying to organize and realized I never even use most of these. So my goal is one new recipe a week. Last week I even made 3 new recipes for dinner and one dessert. Here is what I made (last week):

1) Giada's Creamy Orzo - this was yummy. I didn't have cream so just used milk and it worked out.

2) Giada's Sage and Fontina Chicken Rolls- Fantastic! But time consuming.

3) A crockpot recipe for Italian Beef Sandwiches from Allrecipes.com- Yum-o. great with provolone and a crusty bun.

The dessert was mousse bars for the Curtis's Superbowl party. I liked the filling but wasn't crazy about the crust.

I'll keep you updated on all my attempts!

No comments: