Thursday, July 1, 2010

I Miss The Bubbles

I have recently, like 4 days ago, given up Pepsi. It was a decision only based on elimating caffiene from my life. Yes I know I should have done it because it is empty calories and probably contains chemicals that will kill off my internal organs, but I did it for the caffiene. I didn't even get a caffiene headache, I just miss the bubbles! The syrupy, delicious fizz. Heck, I even miss the fizzy nose burps that it can cause when I drink it too fast!

Three weeks ago, I had a conference on BYU's campus and there wasn't a caffienated drink ANYWHERE! I smuggled one in my purse and poured it into my cougar eats cup...IN THE BATHROOM! Brad thought this was a little extreme. But I was worried that if campus security caught me they would put me into outer darkness! As I was telling another teacher of my sinfull behaivor she said "now you know how an alcoholic feels". Which in itself is a tell-tell sign of how she views caffiene-right up there with vodka and immorality. But it did give me reason to think that I had become so addicted to something that I was hiding it, IN A BATHROOM at BYU!

I guess I can try rootbeer or something else. I will not try sprite or 7-up. It reminds me of being sick as a kid. But then, I think about all the empty calories and chemicals that will kill my internal organs.
Still...
I really miss the bubbles.

No comments: