Thursday, December 23, 2010

Damn Toy

One of the things Brinley asked for was this walking FurReal Pup.
(its NOT the one that poops)
I picked this up in early December at Wal-mart
it is acitvated by light or movement and barked and shook my entire shopping trip.
I was quite annoyed with it...
and I hadn't even left the store.

This should be a sign for any sensible parent....
if a toy annoys you in the frickin' store....don't buy it...just imagine how it will annoy you later!
I am not sensible

I get home and get it inside
without Brinley hearing the damn thing

Later that night I was wrapping it
and noticed that it wasn't barking and shaking
"Good, the batteries ran out. Now it will be quiet until Christmas morning
and then I will just put new batteries in". I thought.

At one point I did lay awake worrying that the trip home from Wal-mart might have some how broken him...but decided to worry about it later.

That box has been moved and rearranged by each of my kids
at least 800 times
...with not a bark, pant or woof.

it is now two days before Christmas...
This afternoon Brinley bumped the box
and wouldn't you know it...
it barked, it panted, it shook.
I tried to pretend nothing was happening...
I left the room...
before she could ask.
then I heard her giggling....
and I knew she figured it out.

She told emily and daddy about the barking present...
she even told dad it walked

Now she is worried that it is the puppy that poops.

1 comment:

wackijacki said...

That is SOOOOOO Funny!!!!!
I love that Girl!
I hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas!
Love you