Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Another Middle of the Night Ramble

I was in bed at 8:30pm
Sound asleep before 9pm
awake at 11:30
still awake at 2:30am

I NEED TO SLEEP!

I have to much on my mind...
hopefully if I list it all here...
my mind will turn off and I can get at least 3 hours of sleep before my alarm goes off.
So in no particular order:

* I have to collect for pennies by the inch (ick)
*we have dentist appts tomorrow (double ick)
*should I just let my class cook tomorrow (oops, today). I have an assignment all ready...but honestly, my life is easier when I just let them cook. But then I will have to go to the store...AGAIN.
*I have sharing time on Sunday, planning how/what to do. I have a hard time planning Junior Sharing time.
*i love fall
*i wonder if KOSY radio station will play Christmas music right after Halloween...HOPE SO! I LOVE IT! It drives Brad crazy, but I think Christmas should start on November 1st, I would totally put up my tree...if Brad would carry it in from the garage. He won't.
* I love pumpkin.
in the last week I have made:
1-Pumpkin Scones with Cinnamon Chips-so yummy and so good with hot chocolate
2-Pumpkin Cupcakes
3-Pumpkin Whoopie Pies-I made these last night after dinner. It was like a homemade oreo, but with out the chocolate...think pumpkin roll in cookie form....they were yummy. Emily (who said she doesn't like pumpkin) ate two.
Did you know that there was a pumpkin shortage last year? I did, but only because:
a) I spend 1/3 of my life in the grocery store and b) I visit a lot of foodie blogs.
It seems Libby could not harvest all of the pumpkins and that created a shortage. A case of Libby Pumpkin just sold on e-bay for almost $60! Wal-mart hasn't had pumpkin in over 9 months...Macy's has some. I am thinking of buying a case or 2 and waiting to see if the pumpkin crisis is over...if not, I am selling on e-bay...and paying for Christmas!

*The biggest news of all: WE ARE HAVING AN ULTRA SOUND ON FRIDAY! WE (HOPEFULLY) WILL KNOW IF WE ARE HAVING A BOY OR GIRL!
all I can say, is this little bean had better cooperate and give us a good look at his/her "parts"..or else I will have to sell pumpkin on e-bay, to pay for the ultra-sound at the mall!

No comments: