Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year

welp
Christmas Break is over.
I had to go back to work today
and man
I am soooo tired!
2 weeks of not having to wake up early, getting showered and dressed late really spoiled me.
So did 2 weeks of eating a good breakfast...
by 10am I was STARVING!
(By the way, Atkins Protein Bars are the most disgusting thing I have ever eaten)

We had a wonderful Christmas.
Here are the girlies in their Christmas Eve Pjs. This is a tradition I did as a kid and have carried it on. Plus, it is the only time I can dress them matchy and no one complains!


All of the girls wishes came true
...except for the laptop that Emily wanted
...santa (and I) don't think an 11 year old needs her own laptop.
Santa did leave a new camera and mascara in her stocking
so that ALMOST made up for it!
She also got lots of new clothes, including TWO shirts from Areo
She is at a hard age...too old for toys...
except she did ask for Bendaroos...
which have proven to be fun!

Brin was in Barbie paradise...
after all the gifts were opened she ended up with four new ones!
She is also in love with the pillow pet Gagam gave her! It's pretty cute and I am totally going to buy the monkey one for me! I mean the baby.
Our family gift was the kinnect for the X-box. Brad discovered that our furniture arrangement did not allow for "maximum playing" so on Sunday, we spent the afternoon rearranging the furniture.
as for my Christmas Break To-Do list, I did accomplish some of it:

1. Finished book 5 of Fablehaven-finished the series...disappointed in the ending

2. Start and finish the Hunger Games. I started this on Saturday morning and finished it that night! It was THAT good...can't wait to read #2!

3. Finish my 12 month of Snowmen Quilt-

I heart snowmen!
Every month in 2010 I got a free new snowman applique. The designs are from bunnyhill.com She has a new FREE one coming out for 2011. I think it has to do with jars....

So I have finished all 12 and need to assemble the quilt.

This is one of my favorite appliques from the set.

4. Finished the baby's quilt. (I am finished...and it is super cute)

His name will be appliqued in the white space...once he is here and we (meaning me) have permanently chosen a name!

I got the free pattern at modabakeshop.com. They offer free quilt patterns every other day or so and some of them are super cute.

This was the first quilt I have ever had to assemble on the diagonal...I think its is called 'on point' in the quilting world. It was kind of confusing.

5. Finished my Holiday table runner (I actually used it before christmas dinner)
6. Baked banana bread for all of Brad's work people
7. Baked cookies for santa with Emily and Brin
It is always a lot of fun...Em always puts flour on her face...and I spend several months cleaning up all the sprinkles!

13. Finished organizing recipes- but spent time on some foodie blogs...so I have more...I really need to stop looking at blogs

14. Organized craft dungeon-sort of

15. I did try 4 new recipes.

16. Found a new Ob. I decided I wouldn't go to the one here in Tooele for a band-aid, let alone have her cut me open and yank out my child! I am fully aware that this makes 3 Ob's this pregnancy...but, for the first time in 3 months I am at peace with our decision.

17. Survived driving home from new Ob, in the blizzard last Wednesday. I never went above 30mph on I-80, it was that bad!

18. My mom visited and got snowed in with us! We had a nice visit...and watched it snow all day on Friday. We also watched as my crazy sister tried to drive in all that snow! She did a 360 in front of our house and almost took out the fire hydrant on the corner, then she ran the stop sign and almost got hit by an SUV, then the nerd called WHILE DRIVING and started to screech "I am slipping!" My mom said she is a "stubborn little ******* and a tad OCD". True...so True.

Hope you are all safe and happy
Here's to 2011...

No comments: