Thursday, January 13, 2011

Its a sugar coated world...and I can't eat any of it!

Hello
It's before 3 am thursday morning
and here I am
which makes it
EVERYDAY this week that I have been awake
from about 2am to 5ish
needless to say
I AM EXHAUSTED!

Don't even ask my classes about how grouchy I am
I yelled at some kid
and he just looked at me
and said in the sweetest voice
"exactly when are you due?"
to which I said
in my meanest voice
"not soon enough"
then the whole class laughed
including myself
but they pretty much left me alone
the rest of the period

that is one of the good things about having a class with upper-classmen
they know when to "not poke the bear"
on the other hand my classes that are full of freshmen
don't get that if I am sarcastic and grouchy
it will lead to complete and total
TERROR!
Just kidding...
sort of

Last night I MAY have dozed off
at the dinner table.
Then as I was reading Brinley her bedtime story
she kept having to shake me awake
what's worse,
I don't remember actually finishing the book
So she must have given up
(which I feel terrible about)

that in it of itself is the reason I need a "mental health day"
or a brownie

or a piece of hot fudge cake

or a donut

or a snickers bar

heck,
at this point I want coldstone ice cream...
and I don't like coldstone

but dad-nab-it

I can't eat my way through maternal guilt.

and it really sucks

Even worse is that I have grades due by 3pm on Friday
a doctor appointment at 3:30 (in Salt Lake)
and sharing time on Sunday

I wasn't even tempted over Christmas
to eat sweets
I kept the little guy in mind

heck I even gave an entire container of Almond Roca away
with out even eating one of those delicious toffee nibs...

but add some good old fashioned stress
and a wallop of maternal guilt

and I want to eat my way through the candy aisle
and the bakery department
and the ice cream aisle
and maybe crumble some potato chips on top

and ya know
sugar free pudding
doesn't really fit the bill

No comments: