Thursday, February 10, 2011

Oh The Questions I Get...

So I am sure I got lots of questions from people with my other pregnancies,
but I don't remember it being quite this bad.
or maybe I wasn't as sensitive to them
or maybe I didn't wake up every frickin' night at 1am
and so I got some sleep
but I am getting irritated with some of the questions/comments.
For example and in no particular order:

*Last week I had to do a presentation at the Jr. High about classes they could take as Freshman.
Oh Vey!
Jr. High is such a horrible place...filled with horrible little teens...
I had to give my presentation SIXTEEN times.
By about the 12th presentation I was getting pretty grouchy....and tired...and thankful I do not have to deal with those horrible little teens everyday.
anyway, in that presentation, I asked if there were any questions
(there hadn't been one all day)
and some horrible little teen raised his hand and asked,
"are you pregnant or fat?"
nice
I told you there was a reason I don't teach Jr. High

* on Monday, Emily was sick
so that meant that I had to pick up Brinley from school
I had just hurried from work
and must have been waddling pretty bad
because the crossing guard
asked, "WHEN are you due?"
I tried to laugh it off
but her tone made me try and waddle a bit less.

*I was grocery shopping for school Tuesday night
and had A LOT of stuff.
Like 30 boxes of margarine, 8 bricks of cheese, flour...
LOTS of groceries.
as I was checking out
2 ladies kept commenting on the amount of food,
particularly the amount of margarine.
then they had the nerve to look me up and down
and said, "maybe that's why her baby is so big"
I HAD IT!
I said in a LOUD voice, from the next aisle
"I teach foods, this is for class."
they had the decency to look a bit embarassed
but just muttered, "Oh I thought there was a sale on margarine."
Brad was with me and a tad alarmed at my reaction...
I am pretty sure he blamed it on the hormones.
The butt heads, I probably have their terrible kids in class.
DO NOT judge what a 9month pregnant woman puts in her cart...
whether its for class or not
and for hells sake don't give her the up-down!

*yesterday, I had to borrow the vaccumn from baby buffs
(baby buffs is the daycare/preschool at THS)
as I walked in, a little 4year old girl came up to me
and said, "do you have a baby in your tummy?"
she was cute
so I just laughed and said
"I do"
"oh, is it coming out soon?"
not so cute

*Yesterday, a freshman boy in my 2nd period
became rather alarmed when he thought I could go into labor at some point
during his class
apparently he thinks that labor is really quick and if I happen to go into labor
during 2nd period he told me he would just leave...
I told him I would leave first...
he thought for a second
and asked, "How will you leave if the baby is coming out"
Everyone started giggling
I said, "it takes a while, you need to stop watching so many movies"
He said, "well I don't know about this sh**, it kind of freaks me out just looking at you"
the butt-head, He is not going to get a good grade at mid-term.

*my nesting stage has gotten so bad I am nesting at work
I am cleaning and having the custodians fix things...
on Tuesday I decided to clean the ovens
I have 7 ovens in my room and did 3 of them.
I checked on them about an hour into the self-clean mode
only to discover that the room was FULL of smoke
I am not kidding when I say that the entire hall smelled like a campfire
So I had to have a custodian paged
which meant the entire office; administration and secretarial pool
heard about my plight...and laughed.
and the custodian said I have been causing him such a headache in the last few days
I had to name this baby after him!
his name is Ed, as in Edwin....
So today, my childs namesake came in to see how the ovens did
and I said "fine, I vaccumned out the dust that was left over"
and he said, "how did you manage that?" while staring at my belly.
Butthead...he just lost his chance of having a child named after him


*Saturday is the Sophomore dance
did I mention I am a sophomore advisor?
did I mention I have to help them set up?
did I mention I have to chaperone the dance?
did I mention that I am 9months pregnant?
My co-advisor told me yesterday
I may "pop" before saturday
the butthead gets to stay after the dance and clean up.

at last years sophomore dance the DJ made me
get on the dance floor and do the donkey dance...
it is one of the most embarassing experiences of my career.
We have hired the same DJ
when he starts setting up
I shall have a talk with him
cuz
I am NOT doing the donkey dance this year!

3 comments:

wackijacki said...

Michelle,
I am laughing so Hard I am going to pee my Pants!!!! I LOVE you, and You are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
I really want to find those Women in the Grocery store and Slap them, How Rude!!!!!

The Wilcox Family said...

You are always so funny in expressing your feeling. I love it! Hang in there you are almost done and then you will be holding your beautiful baby boy in your arms and all of this other crap you go through will be well worth it:)

Craig and Monica said...

Sorry about everyone not being so tactful. It sucks when you have to hear what everyone thinks ALL day long. I have to admit, you crack me up with your stories. You really brighten my day! Hang in there, chica!