Sunday, February 13, 2011

Weekend Happenings

Can you believe it?!
13 days left...
i am so excited
and nervous
and giddy with anticipation
and nervous
and ready
but nervous
all at the same time.

We FINALLY got a carseat
so the hospital
will let us bring him home
We got a killer deal
(I ended up canceling the one I ordered online; it was backordered)

Last week my friends Erin and Melissa hosted a baby shower.
I got so many cute things for the little guy.
It was great fun and I felt so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends.
It was hard to go to work on Friday...
I just wanted to stay and play with all the new baby stuff I got!
(i will post pictures later...but my camera is ALL THE WAY upstairs)

I helped the Sophomores set up for the dance on Saturday morning.
It didn't go quite as fast as they led me to believe.
and they were all 30 minutes late getting to the school.

at one point I was sitting on the gym floor untangling lights or something
and had to stand up
only to realize there was nothing around
for me to lean on to help my preggo body off the ground
Let me just say it was NOT a graceful act on my part!
I was glad the teens weren't paying attention to me...

Later that night, I did have a chat with the DJ
and told him to NOT invite me to donkey dance...or any kind of dancing...
he was kind enough not to.

Brad came with me to the dance.
We love playing fashion police
and commenting on how some girls come so beautiful
and covered up
and others look like they shop at Fredricks of Hollywood
and are so NOT covered up
and others look like they thought it was a Halloween dance
and are not covered up and look ri-donk-ulous!

This year (for the first time) we were able to judge the boys
and discuss how our son will look, act and treat his date.
It was new perspective for us and lots of fun to speculate!

Brad also gets a kick out of watching the social dymanics and is pretty good at picking out the popular kids, the emos, the loners....and the lesbian couple that came to the dance. I educated him on how to tell if a couple is...um...experienced.

My favorite is the kids who come to the dance and spend the entire time texting and on their i-pod. Seriously...why bring an i-pod to the dance...weirdos

At one point a girl came up and said her friend was having trouble with a broken zipper
and could I PLEASE come help
so there are three girls in the handicapped bathroom stall and this poor girl's zipper
is STUCK. Her entire side is bare. I tried, but the zipper would only move about 2 inches up...leaving the entire side open to drafts and leering teenage boys.
The stuck zipper was right above her hip and their was NO WAY she could shimmy out of it.
The only thing I could do was sew the zipper closed...while she was wearing it!
SO I spent about 20 minutes, sewing a zipper closed ON this poor girl...
(I should mention, it was her 18th birthday.)
I was so worried about stabbing her with the needle that I stabbed myself...
and BLED on the dress.

My only consulation is that her mom probably had to cut the darn dress off of her anyways
so it was already ruined...
I saw her later that night...and she seemed to be having a good time
so my shodding sewing job at least stayed put!

Brad laughed that at least her parents would know the dress stayed on all night!
(not that they should would worry...she is a great kid)
I said like bunneling bags in colonial times.

which leads me to my next career move...
I will be designing a line of modest dance wear
both semi-formal and formal
that parents can sew their daughters into.
it will give father's across the nation
peace of mind
it will give mother's peace of mind
it will give all ecclesiastical leaders peace of mind.

Teenage boys will loathe and despise me>
(insert evil laugh)

No comments: