Sunday, September 19, 2010

Crazy Week Wrap-up

I am so glad this week is over.
It was CRAZY!
(This coming week will be almost as hectic...but hopefully not as CRAZY!)

Brad, my super smart husband, fixed my crashed (PINK) laptop AND managed to save my files! Including the pictures I had saved of my Dad. I am so happy and relieved.

I graded all but one period's midterms...It took forever
and I thought my hand would fall off.

My horrible TA still has self-esteem, even though I told him he was fired...
and locked my treats in the closet.

The primary activity was a success.
Even my "too cool for primary" 11 year old admitted (grudgingly) it was fun.
The flavored breads/quick breads/whatever bread were a huge hit.
Only one kid complained...and she ended up eating 2 and half pieces.

Speaking of Primary...let me vent for a moment about some of the women in Relief Society.
"Attention women in Relief Society, Primary is NOT 2 hour free day care for you. We are there to serve and teach YOUR children. When we need help, we would appreciate YOUR help. Do not make the RS President come and help...her children are already grown. I realize that you see this 2 hour block as YOUR time...but your spirit can be just as uplifted serving in Primary. Thank You!"

excuse me, while I step off my soapbox

Whoo-that has been bothering me for a few hours.

Brinley has decided that her day at school is determined by whether or not her recess is long or short. If it is long, she had a great day...if it was short, boy, do I hear about it later.

Emily did not win student body elections.
It was very sad and there were a few tears shed...on both our parts.
It hurt to see her so disappointed.
But she looked at me and said, she learned somethings and to try harder.
(I will admit that I shed a few more tears after she said that.)

My Foods 2 classes planned and prepared their meals on Friday. It went so well! There wasn't a bad meal in the bunch. It almost made the hour long shopping trip and $300 grocery bill worth it. It did not make up for the mean old guy at Macy's who kept staring at me and make snotty comments about how much food I was buying. If Brad hadn't been there, I may have punched the old man.

I do owe Brad an apology.
Apparently I crossed some boundary when I discussed our issues with fiber pills in the previous post...
I had NO idea that the guy who can go to church and discuss "snail trails" had any boundaries.
I apologize...

for now!

No comments: