Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ramblings of the Sleep Deprived

Its 2:30 am and i am wide awake.
I am also starving.
unfortunately, whenever I open my 'fridge
I start dry heaving.
so i am eating cheez-it crackers and a Phineus and Ferb
fruit snack...I hid from Brinley earlier

I cant't sleep.
I am having one doozy of a week

It's midterms at school
I have this entire basket of stuff that needs to graded
by 3:00 Friday.
One of my TA's is a lousy corrector.
I told him today,
he is worthless.
He laughed
Don't worry about his self-esteem...
last week I told him to "go and get a piece of gum out of my desk
because he had the worst coffee breath".
(yes---I said EXACTLY that)
He laughed...
and now helps himself to EVERYTHING in my desk...
including the Phineus and Ferb fruit snacks I took to work
(to hide from Brinley)

My PINK laptop crashed on Tuesday,
(did I mention it is Midterms this week)
I had just spent 2 hours working on a power point for class.
Brad got it started enough for me to email my power point to myself-
so I could use it at work.
Unfortunately the crash destroyed all of my pictures and animations.
So i emailed myself this skeleton looking presentation
and naturally didn't notice until 15 minutes before class.

I have a Primary Activity on Saturday.

I have to go to Salt Lake sometime before Friday for blood work.

Brinley won't wear this cute jumper...because she said "people will think she is a farmer"
The jumper isn't even denim...it's tan with pink flowers...from Gymboree...How many farmers wear Gymboree?! (I did not buy this, it is a hand-me-down from my super cooler sister)

I think I am getting a cold, my throat hurts and my nose has started to run.

Emily has started Orchestra again, which makes my Wednesday and Friday mornings extra fun.
She has to be to the junior high at 7:45 and I am supposed to be at work by 7:30. Naturally it is not Tooele Jr High but the other one...across town.
Super fun.
I love spending my mornings YELLING at her to hurry...
dropping her off with a "Have a good day and I love you"...
even though I just spent the last 20 minutes yelling.
makes this maternal working mom guilt go into overdrive

She is also running for student body vice prez and made it past the primaries. They did final votes on Wednesday and so we should find out today. Cross your fingers!

I had a meeting, Wednesday night, at the new Tooele County Community Learning Center. It is a gorgous building with great equipment and technology. It did make me think, "is this why we haven't heard how much equipment/supply money my deptartment gets this year?" Cynical, I know...but, after seeing it, I have a feeling the budget amounts are going to be way down.

Ya know, how when you are pregnant your digestive systems slow way down
(i will try and put this as delicately as possible)
and then prenatal vitamins make the problem even worse?
well I have been trying to combat the "slow down" with fiber pills.
Brad takes one and almost has to call in sick the next morning, because it "speeds" things up.
I am taking THREE a day...not really helping.

this last ramble is proof....
I really need sleep.
I really need to correct papers.
Luckily, my TA today is better at correcting,
and even better...
she doesn't have coffee breath.

1 comment:

Craig and Monica said...

I'm sorry you can't sleep Michelle, but you really brighten my day when I read your blog. You are too funny. I seriously can't stop laughing about Brad almost having to call in sick because the fiber pills "speed things up". Hope you make it through your week!