Saturday, September 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Brad!

Because it is Brad's bithday and in keeping with blog-o-shpere tradition I am going to write about all of the wonderful things I love about my husband. But don't worry, in keeping with blog-o-sphere tradition, I will also include some of his flaws and minor jabs at his character so y'all don't get too nauseated from the sugary-coated life this post may portray!

(Note to Stephanie: at NO point will I refer to him as my "eternal companion"...I don't want you to throw up and boycott my blog!)

REASONS I LOVE MY HUSBAND (in no particular order):

*he calls me George. This started when we first met. People think it's weird...I think it is sweet. He calls me 'Chelle too, in fact if he ever calls me "michelle" is sounds harsh and I know I have irritated him

*he his Honest. He won't steal a shopping cart...even though I really NEED one at school. I have even come up with scenarios, so we don't actually steal it from the parking lot...no deal.

*he does the laundry. He calls it his "manly duty"...or doodie. He has done this since the first year of marriage when I washed our garments with our forest green sheets. Even now, if he needs to me to do some laundry he prefers to sort it first.

*he is friendly. This is one the things that first attracted me to Brad. Since I am somewhat shy and reserved, I admired the way he can strike up a conversation with ANYONE. 15+ years later I find this annoying sometimes...do we have to make friends with every cashier and waiter we come across?!

*He makes me laugh...EVERYDAY! Its his goal...and he accomplishes it...Because he is "one funny Mo-Fo".

*He is a great dad. He knows each disney princess, hannah montana, and has been know to have his own Ron doll (excuse me, action figure) so he could play Kim Possible with Emily. He watches Phineus and Ferb with Brinley and even quoted it at the dinner table earlier this week. (he draws the line at singing Justin Beiber)

*He enlightened me to the world of Star Wars, Star Trek, James Bond and Harry Potter. I still do not appreciate Monty Python, Strange Brew, and Blazing Sladdles...oh and Stripes...he tries...I don't get it.

*he is a p*****t. (I can't actually type this because Emily reads this.) Lets just say he can turn anything into some sort of innuendo. It doesn't matter where we are; at home, the store, friends, at CHURCH. People think it's funny...it is...except at church.

*He has to have his hand on my bum to fall asleep. And when I wake up in the middle of the night I have to snuggle his manly bicep!

*he is smart. He knows lots about politics...who else carries a copy of the constitution everyday...and can quote it. As we have gotten older, he has become more liberal and I more conservative. We still have some doozey arguments regarding politics, but less since he has given up playing devil's advocate.

*He loves the Jazz and Faiders (excuse me, Raiders). He cheers for Utah, mainly because he can't stand BYU fans. The Lord, does not choose football teams. He has other things to do..."if the Lord chose them...thet wouldn't have to be Independent."

*He thinks I am the greatest! When the world is harsh and I feel bad about myself, he is the one person that reminds me how special I am. He makes my insecurities dissappear and lets me know he loves me. and that is all that really matters.

Love ya
(you are closer to 40 than I will EVER be!)

No comments: