Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back To School

Here is Emily on the first day of school, last Tuesday. It was taken at 7:15am...even though school does not start until 9! She is in the cute outfit she paid for with her babysitting money! She LOVES her teacher and LOVES that her friends are in the same class.





The only bad thing, is that the principal decided to not let the 6th graders sit on the benches during assemblies anymore. Poor Em and her friends waited for years to be in 6th grade and rule the school and sit on benches...now they have to sit on the floor with the younger grades!



(i think they will survive this injustice)


She was so excited for this year. Her teacher handed out their classroom supply list in June (she is super organized that way). So the ENTIRE summer, Emily would ask when we were going to get her school supplies. Call me crazy, but I did not see the point of buying school supplies in June or July. I finally told her we would get the supplies the pay day before school started. Well, she decided that was to long of a wait. So she took her babysitting money and bought her supplies herself! Now I know some of you may think this is so MEAN that we let her buy her own supplies. I think it shows: a) she is somewhat impaitient and b) real responsibility on her part. She had the money and knew what she needed. Here's to a great year Em!

Here is Brin, on her first day of school. This picture was taken at 7:20 am...her class starts at 12:45! For the last few weeks Emily and I have been teasing that on Brinley's first day we would hug her to our bosom and wail, "my baby, my baby". Brin took this in good humor until last night, when I was rehearsing my antics with her and she pushed me away, threw her hands up and said, "Mom do not embarass me tomorrow!"

Gulp...
don't I have a few more years before she thinks I am embarassing?

Emily came in and started her rehersal...and Brin put her hands on her hips and said,
"don't embarass me like mom is."

then at dinner, Brin offered the prayer and asked Heavenly Father to "help mom not be sad on my first day of school"

She is in the same class as her cousin, Ashlynne.


This is so cute...


My heart may burst!

Brad and I helped her get settled and she started coloring. I snapped a few pictures and started to feel the hysterics take over so I walked over to Brad and said we need to go...now...because I was ready to cradle her to my bosom and wail, "my baby". Just as her were leaving, Brin patted my leg and said, "one more hug". I needed it more than she did.
Excuse me...my heart did burst.



No comments: