Thursday, August 19, 2010

Technology Bytes!

It's the wee hours of the morning.
I have realized a sleeping pill won't do me any good.
I have no problem falling asleep...I just can't stay alseep.

I thought my phone was going to be ok.
It seemed to work for a while, except when someone would call they couldn't hear me. I could hear them, but there was no dialogue exchange.
But, i could text and access my notes, calender and pictures.
Having people hear me seems to be irrelevant...NOW.

On the drive to the AT&T store, I thought "I need to hurry and write down all of the things on my calender, write down my contacts that didn't get stored to the memory card, transfer pics to memory card, copy notes, etc"...I had A LOT of writing to do. BUT wouldn't you know as soon as the sales guy looked at my phone. It went completely black-with only an ominous red line across it! Seriously, I could access everything 30 seconds ago. I think he did something to get my money. I ask in a very timid voice, does the calender save to the memory card? NOPE
Notes? NOPE any way to get the contacts or pictures NOPE

All of my appointments, schedules, and notes are on the darn thing! Oh man, my to-do lists were also on there! Everything is gone! My life is a big mess, I can't remember when my next doctors appt is because it was on my darn phone. Did I set up Brin's assessment for next Thurs or Fri-my phone could tell me, but its gone.

I am still blaming the cat.

Remember the old days when people would write things down in their Franklin Planners? The only fear that I had in those days was someone STEALING my ugly Franklin binder. No one ever did-my calender, schedule, to do lists all remained with me. My life was in order.

I ask the sales guy, do any phones save calenders, notes, to-do lists. "Only the smart phones-because then you can link it to google calender and sinc it with...yada...yada...yada...yada..." about 5 minutes later I come out of my techno coma...I have NO IDEA what he said. I have NO IDEA how to do those things. And I can't get a smart phone: 1. you have to pay for the data plan and I can't afford it. and 2. I am not cool/important enough

So we decide on a phone, it has a key board and calender (that can't be saved)
(its PINK!)
the color is sooo important
my last one was blue
I always wished it was pink

I guess the fact I am excited about PINK, proves why I am not cool/important enough to get a smart phone.

In other techno/21st century news:
I joined facebook last night.
I held out for as long as I could.
But all of the ladies who teach FACS (Home Ec) in the district wanted to set up something so we could communicate. and I was the ONLY one, the ONLY ONE who did not have facebook.

I would like to point out, that we can NOT access facebook at school. It was one of the many sites the district blocks. With good reason, can you just imagine if teenagers could go to school and use it?! Well actually, a lot of teens have smart phones and access it at school anyway. You just can't do it on a school computer.
So I argued this point.
They argued more.

So after the phone store, Brad helped me set out my account.
I am disappointed with myself

I feel dirty ;)

No comments: