Sunday, August 22, 2010

How Do People Wait 9 Months?!

We had a little scare on Friday, I was already at the doctors for blood work and so she said she would do a quick ultrasound to check. Everything is fine. I just need to take it easy for a day or two. The stress of going back to work, setting up my classrooms, and everything else just left me stressed out. On the ultrasound my little baby was moving like crazy. Anytime she tried to listen to the heartbeat, the baby would jump out of the way.

I had an ultra sound last week and it looked like a baby with little nubs for arms and legs. This week all that would fit is the head and a long arm with a definite hand. I can't believe how much they grow in just a week!

The nurse at the doctors office always laughs at how I stare at my ultrasound pictures.
I do.
I can't help it.
I love the PROOF!

and to be perfectly honest
I am also looking for a clue as to the sex.
I go back and forth
sometimes I think its a girl
other times a boy

As I looked at this weeks pictures I tried to imagine that long arm and what it would play with as a toddler.
Will it play princess and poly pockets?
or trucks and football?

(Please do not criticize my gender stereotyping.
If my girl wants to play with trucks and football,
that's fine
If my boy wants to play princess and pollypockets...
I'll let Brad deal with that ;) )

Now don't get me wrong
I really have "no preference"
Heck, we waited so long for this....I won't complain
I JUST WANT TO KNOW!!!!

How do people wait 9 months to find out!
They are crazy...
and they act all superior because they WAITED.
How do they plan? How do they shop? How do they SLEEP?

On Thursday, I was at the store and wandered in the baby aisle.
I want to buy SOMETHING...ANYTHING!
But I don't like the "neutral" stuff.
It looks boy to me.
If this baby is a girl, I want it in PINK and lavender and (maybe) pale yellow.
So I didn't buy anything.
But I REALLY wanted to.
I want something to hang in my bedroom,
so I can look at it as I am falling asleep.
I want something to touch and fold
to wash in Dreft
and sniff
I WANT SOMETHING I CAN RUB AGAINST MY FACE AND IMAGINE THIS LITTLE BABY WEARING IT!

(I apologize, I have been quite dramatic lately)

Please grant me the paitence to wait a few more weeks.

Because I can not handle Brad referring to our baby as...
Cletus the Fetus!

No comments: