Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Insomniac Posting

It's 2:30 am.
I am wide awake.
I am thinking about changing the name of my blog to "Hormonal Insomniac"
It's catchy
and it sums up the passive-aggressive/sarcastic posts I sometimes write.

Brace yourself...
this IS one of those posts!

Last week, I took Brinley to her Kindergarten Assessment
as I waited in the hall, I overheard a conversation between a parent
and the principal. The parent wanted to change their child's teacher and
the principal was asking for VALID reasons. At one point the parent said,
"But Ms._________is SO CUTE!"

really, REALLY?!?
as I sat in the hall trying to close my mouth
(because my jaw literally hit the floor)
I realized why I can NEVER get my masters in administration.
Because I...
I would have bitched-slapped this parent,

cute, CUTE?!?
are you SERIOUS!
IT IS EDUCATION....not a puppy contest.
since when did your child's academic year depend on if your child's teacher can enter the Miss American pagent?

Later that evening, I attended Back to School Night.
I was impressed by the information I was given.
Each teacher told a little about themselves,
presented grading policies, went over curriculum and classroom expectations.
Their classrooms were neat, organized, and inviting.

AT NO POINT DID I THINK TO MYSELF, "HOW CUTE"

This parent think she has trouble now....
wait until Junior High...

there ain't nothin' cute in Junior High.

No comments: