Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Last Week of Freedom

well it's august.
TV commercials are advertising Back to School Sales
Walmart has all the notebooks, crayons and backpacks out.
And I got the dreaded welcome back letter from my principal.
Guess there is no escaping it.
I'm going back next week...

Each year I have this internal struggle with going back
I am excited-new ideas, new students, a new start
I am not
I look forward to getting back into our routine
I will miss watching morning TV and not showering until 10am
My kids are driving me crazy
But I will miss them
My own kids drive me crazy
Now I am going to go and let OTHER peoples kids drive me crazy

This summer has been a quiet one around here.
I didn't accomplish ANY of my summer goals.
I looked at the list I wrote in May,
Nothing was crossed off.
I do have a week to try and finish some things on my list
but that would probably interfere with morning TV
and I would have to shower before 10am.

No comments: