Friday, August 6, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday!


Brinley's Birthday was yesterday. I can not believe she is 5 and ready to start Kindergarten in a few weeks. Brinley is definately our more SPICE than sugar girl. Aunt Stephanie says she is crabby and Gagam says she just has LOTS of personality.
No matter how you describe her, she is FUNNY. Here are some of our funny/crabby/spicy stories from the last few weeks.

*she told daddy, "dad, I decided I love you almost as much as I love mommy"

*she wants to be a cheerleader in high school so "she can kiss in the hall"

*at the grocery store the other day, I went to hold her hand in the parking lot. Brinley puts up both hands and says, "mom, I got this". When I asked her "what?" She proceded to tell me that she is a big girl and knows how to look for cars and does not need to hold my hand. Once we get in the store she wants to ride in the shopping carts that have the car attatched. I point out that big girls do not ride in shopping carts, especially enormous ones shaped like a car. Brin thinks for a second and says, "maybe inside the store I can be little and outside I'll be big".

*Practicing letters one day, I write C A T. We sound it out and say cat. Then I change the first letter (mat, rat, bat, etc...) I go back to C A T, I point and say "what does this one say?" She looks at me and says "MEOW"

*at the dinner table, asks why babies don't just climb out of mommies mouths when they are born. Trying not to laugh I ask "why don't YOU think they come out of mommies mouths?" Brin thinks for a minute and says, "because then the mommy would choke"

*at the library I ask if she wants a book about what babies do while they are in their mommies tummy. she throws up her hands and says, "no way! that is disgusting! I don't want to see all that blood!" (it did NOT have actual photos, it was cartoonish and cute)

*when she doesn't like something-her new phrase is "it's creepin' me out." Brin uses this to describe an outfit she doesn't like, the underwear that gave her a wedgey, a polly pocket dress, a barbie with messy hair, and a casserole I made for dinner last week!

Crabby or Spicy she keeps us all laughing!
Happy Brithday Barney!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love that girl, she cracks me up! There is never a dull moment with Brin around.

Love,
Aunt Stephy