Monday, August 2, 2010

Cabin 2010

Our view at sunset.

We had a great trip to the cabin. It took a whole week for me to recover, I was exhausted!

Probably the first comment I should let everyone know: There were no rodents in the cabin! Yeah! No bats dive bombing me in the wee hours of the morning and no rustling of mice. I actually even slept (for the most part). I did still jump at most noises and listened for the flapping of wings and had to get up and pee 4 or 5 times, but still got more sleep than usual!
However, NO trip the cabin is complete with out some catastrophe. This year it was a broken water pipe. When we got to the cabin Brad turned on the electricity and then went outside to turn on the water. I was in the kitchen waiting for the water to come on, it did for a few seconds and then sputtered off. Brad tried the water in the bathroom..nothing. We couldn't figure what was wrong. Brad went outside and said a very bad word. Water was coming up from under the walk way, which meant a pipe leading to the cabin had burst. He quickly turned off the water and called his mom, so she could call the handy man. The handy man came(the next morning) and he and Brad had the water fixed by 10am. Crisis averted.
Stephanie and Jef came up Thrusday with the boat we all rented. The plan was to spend all day Friday and Saturday on the lake. I however, got really "boat sick" on Friday and spent the afternoon at the cabin with the little girls. Saturday was better and I was able to spend the day at the lake.
Something must be wrong with me...I only took 7 pictures the entire week we were there.
7 pictures! I can't even believe it.
I just didn't even think about bringing my camera.
So i have no pictures of Emily (or anyone else) on the tube.
I have no pictures of the "biggest" sandcastle Brin, Brad and Ashlynne made.
I have no pictures of the gorgeous scenery you can only see on a boat.
Nothing. Nada. Zip..
SEVEN lousy pictures, I quickly took while leaving.
How will all of the people who read this know what a happy time we had...I have no picture evidence of our fabulous family moments!
Something must be wrong with me ;)
Oh wait Brad took 5 or 6 with his i-phone.
so we have about 13 pictures total.
Speaking of the i-phone...
Brad has one, Stephanie has one, and Jef has one
apparently...
I am not cool/important enough to have one
this year they all got service on their cool/important i-phones
and friday night, I looked around the cabin
the three of them are on their cool/important i-phones
the three kids are on their leapsters, dsi's, and i-pods
and I...
I am reading a book
Like a freaking peasant!


Which begs me to ask the question.
How would Grandpa Reece like the i-phone? The man was against installing a rotary phone in the 70's. and here is his legacy, staring at a screen like some kind of techno zombie!

I'm just saying.

No comments: